Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Stalingrad (film)

Stalingrad (Movie 1993)
 Stalingrad is a 1993 film by Joseph Vilsmaier, which depicts the horrors of combat on the Eastern Front of World War II in a realistic and unromanticized fashion.

The movie follows a platoon of German Army soldiers as they are transferred from Italy and recent experiences in North Africa, to Russia where they ultimately find themselves unwilling participants in the Battle of Stalingrad.

The film was shot in several different locations, including Finland, Italy, and the Czech Republic.

The film is the second German attempt to portray the battle of Stalingrad in a movie. It is predated by the 1959 movie Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben (English: Stalingrad: Dogs, Do You Want to Live Forever?)

2 comments:

  1. This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back. buy dvd ash vs evil dead season 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often. buy dvd shetland season 4

    ReplyDelete